I did a Youtube!

Nova

Certified Nobody
Jul 1, 2020

I've actually had this channel for a while. Typically I make videos about dead trading card games, but because of THE PLAGUE, I haven't really been able to play those lately. So I played this early trading card game video game instead! And it's terrible! I hope you all can derive some entertainment from my suffering.

Nekro

Totally Wholesome Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Hey, this is a pretty solid video! Nice bit of depth to it, explaining the differences between it and the real world card game, all that good stuff!

And, you know, a few jokes at the expense of Kazuki Takahashi's game design quirks always helps.

I guess I'll like, subscribe, all that good shit <3.

Reactions: Nova

Nova

Certified Nobody
Jul 1, 2020
Hey, this is a pretty solid video! Nice bit of depth to it, explaining the differences between it and the real world card game, all that good stuff!

And, you know, a few jokes at the expense of Kazuki Takahashi's game design quirks always helps.

I guess I'll like, subscribe, all that good shit <3.
Nice to hear the depth is appreciated; I'm always afraid that I'm too verbose and overlong when scripting these out, especially when the resulting videos are consistently over 20 minutes in length. But I hope you enjoy taking the piss out of failed trading card games, because my material usually leans more in that direction.

(I'd post a more recent one, but episode 6--on the Beyblade TCG, because yes that existed--is currently down due to a copyright claim on a few seconds of anime footage. Trying to get it restored, but it's a lengthy process. It sucks because I think it's probably my best work yet)

Nekro

Totally Wholesome Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Nice to hear the depth is appreciated; I'm always afraid that I'm too verbose and overlong when scripting these out, especially when the resulting videos are consistently over 20 minutes in length. But I hope you enjoy taking the piss out of failed trading card games, because my material usually leans more in that direction.

(I'd post a more recent one, but episode 6--on the Beyblade TCG, because yes that existed--is currently down due to a copyright claim on a few seconds of anime footage. Trying to get it restored, but it's a lengthy process. It sucks because I think it's probably my best work yet)
I mean, in this case, going into a lot of the tangents you made are required in order to fully grasp one of the bigger criticisms of the game. That is, the game being built around Kazuki Takahashi's version of the TCG over Konami's. It's appreciated, since it feels like it leads up to an actual point of critique, rather than something intended to pad out the runtime.

You know, long critique isn't always deep critique. But deep critique can be long critique. A video should be as long as it needs to be, and if it needs to be long, then it should be long.

Reactions: Nova