Music Recommendations

Satanás do 71

Jul 6, 2020
I was listening to a podcast the other day about ELP, and one of the musics got my attention, how many games OST this music evokes for you guys?
(It's a bit heavy on the clasical side... but very curious to listen.)

But today I'm down for some oceans sounds....

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I'm very hyped for the upcoming Gazpacho record. This new single is terrific. (Progressive Rock)

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Here's some Mononeon. Perhaps the greatest bass guitarist that no one mentions. He was the active bassist for Prince just before he [Prince] passed away too.

Anyone like funk? Check out Ghost-Note:

Last edited:
Reactions: JuIc3

Turbokill

May 12, 2020

MS Gundam Thunderbolt has some great music. This one is during a montage of death.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com

These guys' first two albums are two of my favorites. Imagine Queen, but with a more alternative/indie sound. Found them back when I was still heavy into Rock Band.

Their albums since Safe Travels (from what I've heard) feel far more conventional. The soundscapes aren't nearly as nuanced, the progressions often lack a unique identity and too many tracks seem to be paced in a fashion that's more radio-friendly. I don't say it lightly, but it really felt like they sold out as they began to garner exposure from their second album.

Spaceloaf

Jun 22, 2020
KNOWER RULES! KNOWER RULES! (etc.)

KNOWER is awesome. In a related vein, Dirty Loops is killer. For those that don't know, they actually pre-date KNOWER and are sort of the original "pop-music but jazz" type band. Like KNOWER, they also got famous at first for covering pop songs, but their recent original works have been knocking out of the park.

This is them just showing off insane chops.

Cockaroach

Jun 8, 2020
For actual content, here is a portion from the Nihon album by Method of Defiance, one of Bill Laswell's (a jazz bassist) many projects. You may find the album on Spotify. If ya never heard of MoD, they are jazzy ragga dub drum n bass. Guy Licata is a sick drummer, he can do breakbeat drumming like a drum machine. I love the distorted trumpet provided by Toshinori Kondo. And damn, the world lost an amazing keys player when Bernie Worrel died a few years back. Worth checking out Praxis, another Laswell project, if you want to listen to jazz metal.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
I'm here to say Fugazi is probably the best band of all time.

But until they get back together, Coriky is fantastic

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
The new Haken album is sofa king good!!!! Strong album of the year contender for me. Fans of Leprous and similar prog metal will love it.

Reactions: flop

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
And Ulver have a new track from their upcoming album up! Definitely my most anticipated album for 2020. Sounds like they are exploring the synth-pop sound of The Assassination of Julius Ceaser album more.
Such a chill, sexy groove and Garm's vocals are amazing as usual.

Reactions: flop