Pick 5 - TV Shows

TheLimoMaker

Jun 9, 2020
London
Just finished Dark (Netflix Original TM) and I honestly think it's one of the best things ever written in any medium.

The way it continuously develops its story all the way up to the final episode, how it goes everything together and every episode has meaning and weight and depth is just astoundingly good.

So it got me thinking, if you could pick five TV shows of the last ten years (2011-2020) what ones would you list as essential to understanding your taste in shows?

Don't worry about ordering them; the shows can be either standalone (Chernobyl), a continuous story (Dark) or an anthology (Fargo).

For me:
Dark
BoJack Horseman
The Leftovers
Chernobyl
Hannibal

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Fargo (season 2 especially!)
Stranger Things
Brooklyn 99
Better Call Saul
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Game of Thrones deserves a shout out in some respect. The final couple seasons were kinda not that great, but I loved it more than I didn't like it. And I would add The Good Place, but the final season hasn't released over here yet so I'll reserve my judgement till then; adored every episode I've seen so far though.

TheLimoMaker

Jun 9, 2020
London
Fargo (season 2 especially!)
Stranger Things
Brooklyn 99
Better Call Saul

Game of Thrones deserves a shout out in some respect. The final couple seasons were kinda not that great, but I loved it more than I didn't like it. And I would add The Good Place, but the final season hasn't released over here yet so I'll reserve my judgement till then; adored every episode I've seen so far though.
The Good Place's ending is probably among the best ever written. It's fantastic.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020

off the top of my head:

• Fargo
  • Legion
  • Wilfred
  • True Detective
  • Twin Peaks: The Return
Cheating with 6 because I forgot Preacher. It wasn't perfect, but it was still very very very good and worth it for anyone who can't get into reading a comic book.

Only glaring flaw was the lack of Pogues songs.

Last edited:

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Oof this is a hard question! This past decade has been The Golden Age of Television!

If I must choose, I'll go with:
The Good Place
The Mandalorian
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Attack on Titan

This list could honestly change at any moment. There are so many good shows!

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Oof this is a hard question! This past decade has been The Golden Age of Television!

If I must choose, I'll go with:
The Good Place
The Mandalorian
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Attack on Titan

This list could honestly change at any moment. There are so many good shows!
You have terrific taste (I haven't watched Titan yet tho')
Nice to see another shout out or Mrs. Maisel.

Reactions: Boxman214