The fishing in Dark Cloud is, by far, the absolute worst in any game I've ever played.
- Fish AI struggles to line itself up to go for the bait, often losing sight of it while it's already in the process of nibbling
- Some of them will just nibble endlessly and never actually bite
- About half the time the window to press the button to reel in on a bite is impossibly small
- Sometimes they'll eat the bait almost instantly
- Who the fuck taught this idiot to cast a line? Winds up his arms to cast out, then: *plunk* only manages to make it about 2 feet out
I'm only even doing it because I'm trying to get a few gems to upgrade weapons, but I feel like, while more time consuming and governed by far more RNG, grinding dungeons might be the least frustrating option.