Sections you despise in games you like?

Cygnus Rush 961

Apex Hitter and Tire Eater
Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
Short road circuit courses in Forza Horizon's 3&4, especially if they're part of a series of championships. They're full of tight corners, short race length (3 laps), which hampers even a well tuned hot-hatch. To borrow a phrase from AVGN "What the hell were they thinking?!"

Last edited:

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
hmmm... Team Rocket at Radio Tower in Pokemon G/S/C
Its just unnecessary padding that adds nothing really to the game. And it isn't helped that 99% of the time you JUST dealt with Team Rocket. just minutes before.

I have a feeling the game designers intended you to face Team Rocket in Mahogany town earlier in the game - Like right after you beat the 4th gym leader and gain the ability to use Surf. This would be proper pacing. But most players do not head towards Mahogany town, because why would you? The next two gyms are in the opposite direction. So you end up dealing with Team Rocket in Mahogany, beating the Mahogany gym, then walking out only to find you need to deal with Team rocket AGAIN.

Nova

Certified Nobody
Jul 1, 2020
www.twitch.tv
Alpine Skyline in A Hat in Time. It's gorgeous and has some nifty platforming challenges, but the near-complete lack of story and characters that make the rest of the game so charming leaves it feeling really empty and honestly kind of dull. Thankfully if you have the Nyakuza Metro DLC, you can skip it and just play that area instead.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
The fishing in Dark Cloud is, by far, the absolute worst in any game I've ever played.

- Fish AI struggles to line itself up to go for the bait, often losing sight of it while it's already in the process of nibbling

- Some of them will just nibble endlessly and never actually bite

- About half the time the window to press the button to reel in on a bite is impossibly small

- Sometimes they'll eat the bait almost instantly

- Who the fuck taught this idiot to cast a line? Winds up his arms to cast out, then: *plunk* only manages to make it about 2 feet out

I'm only even doing it because I'm trying to get a few gems to upgrade weapons, but I feel like, while more time consuming and governed by far more RNG, grinding dungeons might be the least frustrating option.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
Pretty much all of the combat in every Uncharted game

once they start rolling out the heavy armor shotgun bullet sponges, it's just awful

(I just finished 4 and decided I really don't like the series as a whole)