So, which next gen system will you be getting?

Pick something will ya

• Total voters

bong264

Miniature Enthusiast
May 10, 2020
Colorado
This thread was gon a be made eventually :p I'll probably get the sexbox first depending on if a store has some sorta trade in deal. Either that or wait a year.

Cygnus Rush 961

Apex Hitter and Tire Eater
Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
PC for me, I've been meaning to build a new PC since my current motherboard and processor are nearing the end of their service lives after about 4-5 years of service. Plus the new consoles have teething issues whenever they're launched during the holiday season as well as a rather slim library to choose from. It's best to just wait for a revision to iron out the issues the launch consoles will have and an expanded library to choose from for those who eventually take the plunge. The only time I will chose between Xbox and Sony is for a replacement controller for the DS4 that I use with my PC.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
If I get a new console (which is a big if at this point), I'll probably go for the Xbox SeX since it's confirmed to play every title compatible with the Xbox One right out of the gate. Also, that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is too good not to take advantage of. Especially when it's on sale.

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I don't think I'll get either this year. I'm sure I'll EVENTUALLY get both. I like to have all the systems when I can.

But so far, the Xbox is much more impressive to me. Of course, as we all know, the games are what matter. And it sounds like Microsoft won't even be making game exclusively for next gen for at least a year or two. So I'll be able to play their games on my current box. Then, with smart delivery, I'll just upgrade to the series x at some point and have a smooth transition.

I might even change my XBone s to an XBone x this year. We'll see.

I just don't see myself in a mad rush to go to next gen. Especially since both manufacturers will most definitely release better, slimmed down version of their systems within a couple years. I'd rather wait for that. I mean, the XBone s is SO much better than the original XBone. In every way. Early adopters kinda get screwed.

Anyways. None now. Probably Xbox first. Then ps5.

sweaty dungus

Thickened-up hunk
May 11, 2020
Planning to stick closely to the ole PC and Switch for as long as I can hold out. Eventually looking to get a PS5, but it needs to build up a library first.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I'm pretty committed on getting a PS5 now. Given my huge library of physical and digital PS4 games the backwards compatibility there is a big plus for me. If Sony does the same thing where PS4 games get upgraded to the PS5 version for free, that's an even bigger boon.
I also tend to prefer Sony's exclusives which tend to be more story-driven, single player experiences and I don't really play online so Xbox Live doesn't attract me much (though their free monthly games have been a helluva lot more interesting that what PS+ has been offering lately).
Unless the launch line-up is crazy insane good I will probably be waiting a bit before getting one (even though hype does make me want one day-1). Basically I want a PS5 for when Baldur's Gate 3 launches.

I will say MS's studio acquisitions are making me second guess this (especially in regards to Obsidian), but at that point I'll just invest in a good PC since all of their games will be there as well.

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
The quality of the backwards compatibility and the price are the two factors that'll decide if I get a PS5 sooner or later, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
PC upgrades are the priority for me. I might eventually get a console, and I feel like PS5 is more likely, but we'll see what happens once they're out.

Vesalius

Village Idiot
May 10, 2020
North Carolina
Prolly just gonna stick with the PC for now. Curious to see what the state of games will look a couple years after the new gen releases.

NSPillow

Jun 8, 2020
If I get anything it'll probably be a PS5, but that's only because my wife and I are die hard RaC fans. Until RaC comes out I'll probably just stick to my PC, I finally have one that can play modern games so that's been a bit of a revelation to me.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020

i just built a cheapo mid-range PC and can't afford to put any more money into it right now

16BitBlastProcessing

Staff member
Robot
Apr 22, 2020
PlayStation 5 at launch, then I plan on upgrading my PC, and then I'll probably grab an Xbox Series X once I see whether or not they have actual exclusives.

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
Gonna stick to PC + Switch.
Honestly nothing about the Xbox or PS5 interest me in the slightest. Nothing about ether console interested me this gen.
Only reason I have a PS4, was cause my parents broke my PS3, a PS3 save of Persona 5 can carry over to the PS4, and I was worried that Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 would never make it to PC.

... There needs to be more turn based RPGs on consoles.

Sam

Village Idiot
May 17, 2020
As a lifelong console gamer... I might invest in a PC.

It’s sort of looking practically at what I play: Old stuff (easy to emulate with a half-decent setup), indies (aka: all on PC), and Nintendo’s output, which is where my Switch and 3DS (ha!) come in.

I of course love love love Marvel’s Spider-Man, but that’s about the only PS4 exclusive that truly gets me. Shadow of the Colossus notwithstanding.

All that said, I don’t think I’ll ever like the feeling of sitting down to a computer to game as much as a console. It’s purely immaterial, but there’s just something different. Different vibe. So I would need to make sure any computer I set up would be comfortable, straightforward, etc.

Derpunkel

Jun 8, 2020
Italy
Probably going to get a PS5 but not at launch. I usually wait for the first price drop before purchasing a console. If the backwards compatibility will let me play my enormous backlog I might trade in my PS4 and get it a little earlier

Granadico

Jun 8, 2020
SoCal
Just upgrade my PC eventually. Switch 2 or whatever when that comes out probably. I only care about a few PS4 games so I'll just get it when a PS4Pro is dirt cheap in a year or two for the few games I want. XBSeriesX is tempting though because of all the BC.

Reactions: PhilKenSebben
Jun 9, 2020
UK
PC for me, it's a few years old now but I still have a pretty hefty rig and it works fine for the types of games I play on it (mostly old stuff.) PS5 does sound good though, I guess mostly because I'm interested in the rumoured Silent Hill game we might be getting but still.