Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
I'm curious to know why everyone has chosen the avatars that they have. Obviously a lot of avatar switching will be done on this forum over time, so I guess the real question is how did you choose your first avatar here?

So that this thread doesn't get confusing if/when you switch avatars, I recommend posting the one you're referring to in your response.

I'll start! It's pretty simple really. If I had to pick two video game series that I think are masterpieces and deserve more recognition than they get they would be Xenosaga and Pathologic. I love them both to bits. Since my avatars on Dtoid are all Xenosaga related, I figured I'd make my forum avatar Pathologic related. So my avatar is Artemy Burahk for that reason.

HaruspexProfile.png

Nekro

Potential Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
When I first joined Destructoid, I pretty much set my avatar to a character from whatever anime I was watching at the time.

Well, I set it to Illya when I was watching Prisma Illya. And for some reason, people just started associating Illya with me. It just kinda stuck.

So I leaned into it, kept using Illya avatars and reaction images.

My current avatar is an image of Assassin Illya that I commissioned from another Dtoid-er.

3F530F00-ECBC-406C-8EA2-396CDE7B862A.jpeg

Sp_Testure

Earl of Cactuar's
May 11, 2020
Portland,OR
I'm curious to know why everyone has chosen the avatars that they have. Obviously a lot of avatar switching will be done on this forum over time, so I guess the real question is how did you choose your first avatar here?

So that this thread doesn't get confusing if/when you switch avatars, I recommend posting the one you're referring to in your response.

I'll start! It's pretty simple really. If I had to pick two video game series that I think are masterpieces and deserve more recognition than they get they would be Xenosaga and Pathologic. I love them both to bits. Since my avatars on Dtoid are all Xenosaga related, I figured I'd make my forum avatar Pathologic related. So my avatar is Artemy Burahk for that reason.

View attachment 28
I love cactuar's?