Why'd You Pick Your Username?

Vincentdante

Jul 2, 2020
When I was about 16 I was asked to come up with a ame for an RP character which is something I am terrible at doing. So I thought well I like Devil May Cry and I like Vincent from FF7, and that's my sad sordid history. I have recently made a new name for myself elsewhere but you all know me as this so might as well keep it at this point.

Reactions: RiffRaff

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
Song title from one of my favorite bands. Been using it as a username for a lot of things for the past 10 years.

The upside to self derision in a username is butthead people who disagree with the things you say in rude ways often go for the low hanging fruit that is your username and end up embarrassing themselves in the process.

Reactions: D-Volt and RiffRaff

16BitBlastProcessing

Staff member
Robot
Apr 22, 2020
I love just the whole story behind "Blast Processing." A borderline pseudo/faux technical term to describe why the Genesis was better than Nintendo's offering at the time. The commercials were fantastic as well. Then just combine that with the 16-bit era of games being my first experience with video games, in general, and that's basically the origin of my username.

jtotal

Jun 9, 2020
Columbia, MO
I was a huge fan of Chris Jericho back in the day, so I made the name "totaljerichoholic" around 2000. Later on, because I felt an attachment to the name and wanted something new, I shortened it to "totalj". I somehow lost the ability to use totalj on Xbox Live, so I made "toetaljay", which lasted a year because I realized it sucked. Made "jtotal" and stuck with it for 13 years now.

Reactions: RiffRaff and D-Volt

RaiDei

Jun 8, 2020
Dayyyyytonnaaaaaaaaaa
Well, my name on these forums is just a sliced down version of my old AIM username, created about 18 years ago: raideitheblade. Comes from the name of one of the Gung-Ho Guns in Trigun: Rai Dei The Blade.

My gamertag is PowderyBeef, which I found by using the random name generator on Xbox Live when they first started allowing people to change their gamertags. I kept hitting random until I found PowderyBeef, which made me laugh for about five minutes straight. I've used that ever since.

taterchimp

Jun 8, 2020
Iowa
Had to think of an AIM username as a whatever-year-old and came up with the idea of being a Spud Monkey. Spudmonkey was already taken by a guy who also had the name JelloStaircase (which I love), so I was Spudmonkey777 for a while. Then someone I angered in a Gundam RP chat (I think) decided to hack my account, so I had to change it and wanted to keep the theme. I wanted to go with TaterApe, but the family vetoed that for obvious reasons, and I went with taterchimp afterwards. I never capitalized it when filling in forms and stuff, so I decided it should always be lowercase.

Reactions: RiffRaff and jtotal

jtotal

Jun 9, 2020
Columbia, MO
Had to think of an AIM username as a whatever-year-old and came up with the idea of being a Spud Monkey. Spudmonkey was already taken by a guy who also had the name JelloStaircase (which I love), so I was Spudmonkey777 for a while. Then someone I angered in a Gundam RP chat (I think) decided to hack my account, so I had to change it and wanted to keep the theme. I wanted to go with TaterApe, but the family vetoed that for obvious reasons, and I went with taterchimp afterwards. I never capitalized it when filling in forms and stuff, so I decided it should always be lowercase.
I'm a stickler for capitalizing things, but I've somehow always stylized my usernames in all lowercase. I just like how it looks.

Nishizono

Jun 5, 2020
Both of my usernames are pretty lame. Nishizono is a reference to Nishizono Shinsuke (Jean Pierre Lapin in the dub),from Inazuma Eleven (Really underrated anime and games,I truly reccomend them). In some games like Pokémon Showdown my username is Lllllink (Link with 5 Ls),because of the way the announcer from Smash Bros says "Link".
1594240181961.png

Last edited:
Reactions: D-Volt and RiffRaff

Sharukurusu

May 16, 2020
I just wanted my name to reflect one of my favorite viceo games. If ya'll are curious and aren't familiar with Mega Man Legends just google Sharukurusu and you'll see one of the most frustrating enemies in that game (yet I always thought it was a cool robot design, which is why I picked it).

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I just wanted my name to reflect one of my favorite viceo games. If ya'll are curious and aren't familiar with Mega Man Legends just google Sharukurusu and you'll see one of the most frustrating enemies in that game (yet I always thought it was a cool robot design, which is why I picked it).
I always figured it was a Japanese shark :p

Nova

Certified Nobody
Jul 1, 2020
www.twitch.tv
I've gone by a few different names over the years. "Nova" is a somewhat-recent change; started going by it a few months ago after realizing I was genderfluid, testing out how it felt. I think it suits me, so by now I'm considering changing my legal name to it at some point, too.