Your Most Controversial Movie Opinion

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Here is a thread in which you comment your least popular opinion about movies.

I'll get the ball rolling:
In spite of the first 10 minutes being very quotable, The Godfather is not a very good movie.

Your turn!

Heat

May 10, 2020
Blade Runner is boooooooring, and Harrison Ford act as good as plank of wood on that movie.

Reactions: Vadicta

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Blade Runner is boooooooring, and Harrison Ford act as good as plank of wood on that movie.
Okay, but seriously. I've tried 3 times to watch Blade Runner on my life. Not once have I made it through.

I did make it through 2049. It's not a thrilling movie either. But it's super visually interesting at least.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 are amazing. Every other Marvel movie ranges from just OK to meh.

And I don't know if it's controversial, but The Mandalorian is the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe.

Reactions: Boxman214

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
That's an odd way of saying "The Clone Wars from season 3 and onwards." Silly!

As for another opinion of mine: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is superior to the first one.
Watched a couple episodes and don't really care for the animation style so never went on.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
The art style kinda grows on you over time, and the animation is legitimately excellent when it counts the most. I'd show you my favourite lightsaber duel in the series, but it spoils the heck out of so, so much haha.

I'd highly recommend giving it another shot. But yeah, feel free to read the cliff notes and jump straight into season 3 if you want to get to the really good stuff.

Like, the moment you get to Dathomir and
the return of Darth Maul,
you're in for a damn good time.

Seriously, Sam Witwer does so much to give a hell of a lot of character and pathos to someone who was kinda one-note in the movies, it's shocking just how good it is.
Well, I accidentally forgot to cancel my D+ subscription, so might as well jump on season 3 :)

MajinRotty

May 11, 2020
Sequin Land
Okay, but seriously. I've tried 3 times to watch Blade Runner on my life. Not once have I made it through.

I did make it through 2049. It's not a thrilling movie either. But it's super visually interesting at least.
The secret to appreciating Blade Runner is realizing that it's a big budget ASMR film.

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I'd have to echo the Blade Runner opinions as well, which I guess makes it a lot less controversial than I thought, lol. If I'm not allowed to use that one, I will say that I've never really liked the majority of Disney's animated catalogue. Even when I was a kid I wasn't a huge fan.

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
I'll echo Blade Runner as well. I WANT to like it, but damn does it drag things out.

My 12th grade English class "Science Fiction", devolved into watching scifi movies 90% of the time.
The teacher gave us 3 choices. One was Blade Runner... Everyone in the class picked it except me. They thought "With a title like Blade Runner its gotta be a high action!"
Nope. They all kinda hated it.
Its not a movie you want to watch when your already half asleep because its first period, and your already feeling senioritis