Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Definitely:

Ghostwire Tokyo
Deathloop
Resident Evil 8
Demon's Souls

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

- They definitely took inspiration from Super Mario 3D World/Odyssey with Sackboy. Wonder if they'll keep any of the level building aspects as a secondary mode?

- Ghostwire Tokyo was, easily, the most interesting looking of that bunch. Hope it's more than just flash, though.

- I got Demon's Souls and it has me. Good god, yes.

- RE8 already giving off an RE4 x RE7 vibe. I think the shift to infected that can transform into werewolves will feel more natural than one would expect.

- Deathloop just looks fucking fun, motherfucker.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Cyberkitty was easily number one for me. It's like they hacked my brain!

Horizon looks dope
Deathloop looks cool as fuck
Demon's Souls- Chills!
and Jett: The Far Shore looks really interesting.

All in all, one hell of a showing and besides driving and sports and that Fortnight looking game, I want everything else!

Gonna grab the one with the disc drive probably.

Reactions: MajorTomsCoffeeCup

Nag

Jun 8, 2020
Raccoon City
Resident Evil VILLAGE and Horizon Forbidden West by far... funny thing is I'll be buying RE VIII on Series X.

sweaty dungus

Thickened-up hunk
May 11, 2020
Big highlights for me:

Bugsnax (awarded slop dungleman's best of show)
Little Devil Inside
Deathloop
Solar Ash

yeah, ok. good:

Demon's Souls - happy to see it remastered, but a little torn on some of the artistic choices
Ghostwire Tokyo - Cautiously optimistic. Keeping an eye on this one.
REVIII - Looks alright. I'll play it.
The Capcom game that looks like a death stranding ripoff - seems kinda cool

The ugly:

Console looks like shit. Will probably cost an arm and a leg. Discless variant is subtly depressing.

Granadico

Jun 8, 2020
SoCal
I fucking loved Hyper Light Drifter so Solar Ash is top for me, even though it's a multiplat indie. That Asian woman one looked like a cool Dreamworks movie was pretty cool too. Nothing was a system seller for me though, but I haven't been into Sony 1st party stuff since the PS2 so I didn't expect to be floored.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Bugsnax (awarded slop dungleman's best of show)

Admittedly, I was in a state of minor cringe until I saw "From the creators of Octodad". Then, I started giving it a chance and ended up thinking it was pretty cute. Glad those guys finally made another game as they're good people. Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a long time coming since the original Octodad demo from, like, 2009 (before?) and so is this.

Shibboletho

Jun 11, 2020
Based purely on pedigree and standing interest, Solar Ash (Kingdom :confused:) was my takeaway. Right behind that is Deathloop, because Arkane is my fucking jam. I'm surprised that both of those are console exclusive to Sony--specifically, Solar Ash is PS4/5 and Deathloop is PS5-exclusive. I was expecting multiplatform for both.

The biggest surprise for me was Little Devil Inside. I almost backed that game when it was on Kickstarter in 2015. It looked amazing at the time, but I thought it had completely died. I'm stoked for Little Big Witcher.

Reactions: RiffRaff

Xeo

May 10, 2020
If you know me the answer is probably an easy guess.

Demon's Souls Remake. I've wanted this for so long. I almost cried when the Tower Knight first came on screen while watching this. The original is one of my favorite games ever and it absolutely deserves (and sorta needs) a remake.

Resident Evil VIII and Capcom's other showing, the space game I can't remember the name of, both of those looked sweet too. And also the space game with the lady who keeps dying and waking back up. I don't remember it's name either, but it looked really cool.

Cygnus Rush 961

Apex Hitter and Tire Eater
Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I would have to say Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Hitman 3, and GT7 are what have me interested. I know Hitman 3 will make it's way to the PC upon release, GT7 I want to see some more gameplay footage of so I can hear the in-game engine notes, Spider-Man: Miles Morales just to see how Miles comes into his own when he's everyone's favorite web-head.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Based purely on pedigree and standing interest, Solar Ash (Kingdom :confused:) was my takeaway. Right behind that is Deathloop, because Arkane is my fucking jam. I'm surprised that both of those are console exclusive to Sony--specifically, Solar Ash is PS4/5 and Deathloop is PS5-exclusive. I was expecting multiplatform for both.

Actually, Deathloop is just a timed-exclusive for PS5.

sweaty dungus

Thickened-up hunk
May 11, 2020
Admittedly, I was in a state of minor cringe until I saw "From the creators of Octodad". Then, I started giving it a chance and ended up thinking it was pretty cute. Glad those guys finally made another game as they're good people. Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a long time coming since the original Octodad demo from, like, 2009 (before?) and so is this.
Once that banger of a theme song kicked in and the sandwich-snake appeared, only then was the full weight of the bug snack truly reckoned with. And at that point it had already stolen the show.

DtoidJordan

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Some people out there are getting super nitpicky about Demon's Souls ("it belongs in a museum!"), but I'm more concerned about how it feels than any model or lighting changes. It looks so freaking good even if it's not 100% faithful to the original art direction. I just hope it plays well too.

Reactions: Turbokill

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Some people out there are getting super nitpicky about Demon's Souls ("it belongs in a museum!"), but I'm more concerned about how it feels than any model or lighting changes. It looks so freaking good even if it's not 100% faithful to the original art direction. I just hope it plays well too.
I'm just happy this remake is happening, period. It shows Sony and or From Software are listening to the hardcore audience as well.

Reactions: sweaty dungus