Shows you wish had just one more season

bong264

Miniature Enthusiast
May 10, 2020
Colorado
For me it would be Terra Nova and Code Monkeys. Terra Nova just really grabbed me and there hasnt been a show like it since. Of course it had to end on a semi cliff hanger so im doubly miffed lol.
terra-nova-cancelled.jpg

Code Monkeys is something i watched alot as a teen when G4 was good and existed. I just really liked the style of the show and feel like they couldve done alot more references with a 3rd season.
Code_monkeys_opening_logo.png

Oh well lol, so what would you pick?

Vesalius

Village Idiot
May 10, 2020
North Carolina
Rome could’ve benefited from another season; they jammed so much crap in season 2 because of the cancellation and it got muddled.

Carnivale was the same way, but honestly the show is a testament to good characters and environment. Writing wise, it was always garbled and unaware it was about as deep as Highlander.

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
For me it would be Terra Nova and Code Monkeys. Terra Nova just really grabbed me and there hasnt been a show like it since. Of course it had to end on a semi cliff hanger so im doubly miffed lol. View attachment 340
Code Monkeys is something i watched alot as a teen when G4 was good and existed. I just really liked the style of the show and feel like they couldve done alot more references with a 3rd season. View attachment 344
Oh well lol, so what would you pick?
Code Monkeys was fucking great! Totally agree there!

Reactions: bong264

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
For me it's Alphas. It was super interesting and died before it could get where it was going. And it featured Adam Jensen in the flesh as a recurring villain. I'd recommend it to people who like superhero-type shows in the vein of Heroes or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, or even just investigative shows since it has a bit of that going for it without being too much like a typical procedural.

My Name is Earl. I need closure dammit!

One of those shows that started off really strong and went completely off the rails later on. It had these really good plot threads building up and then just bailed on them. I should re-watch it sometime.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Hap and Leonard. I'll never forgive Sundance for cancelling it. It doesn't even make sense, the show was doing great both critically and user review wise. Had an excellent cast as well. James Purefoy, Michael K. Williams, Christina Hendricks, Jimmi Simpson. It even had Andrew Dice Clay for fucks sake...

Reactions: zatoseyes

Sp_Testure

Earl of Cactuar's
May 11, 2020
Portland,OR
Dark Matter, first season was fantastic. The second season stumbled a bit but the third season I feel like they found their footing and then it ended on a cliffhanger.:confused:
dark_matter_syfy_season_3_ratings_canceled_or_season_4.0.jpg

Reactions: Gus TT Showbiz

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Several of them have been listed. But essentially any sci-fi show to air on FOX (except Fringe, which somehow survived). Almost Human is a great example. Show was brilliant.

Stargate Atlantis could have used another season or two. As well as SGU.

Oh! The Kids Are Alright. Show was hilarious. Shame it only had 1 season.

vxxy

Huggable Mascot Character
May 11, 2020
Arendale
Fringe was good/great overall, Boxman. That’s why it survived :).

(Not to imply the others weren’t. There was also luck and J.J. Abrams being attached probably didn’t hurt its chances either.)

Reactions: Boxman214

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
Mission Hill and Clone High. I really wanted another season of Arrested Development for a long time and then they did it and I still haven't watched it.

Reactions: flop