Shows you wish had just one more season

bong264

Miniature Enthusiast
May 10, 2020
Colorado
For me it would be Terra Nova and Code Monkeys. Terra Nova just really grabbed me and there hasnt been a show like it since. Of course it had to end on a semi cliff hanger so im doubly miffed lol. terra-nova-cancelled.jpg
Code Monkeys is something i watched alot as a teen when G4 was good and existed. I just really liked the style of the show and feel like they couldve done alot more references with a 3rd season. Code_monkeys_opening_logo.png
Oh well lol, so what would you pick?

Vesalius

Village Idiot
May 10, 2020
North Carolina
Rome could’ve benefited from another season; they jammed so much crap in season 2 because of the cancellation and it got muddled.

Carnivale was the same way, but honestly the show is a testament to good characters and environment. Writing wise, it was always garbled and unaware it was about as deep as Highlander.

Reactions: RiffRaff

Nekro

Potential Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
i suck at watching TV or movies, but man do i wish Metalocalypse had another season... it ended on an cliffhanger dammit!

View attachment 345
I came here to say this!

Though Brendon did sneak an ending to it in the form of an alternate track order for the vinyl release of Galaktikon II, if that interests you.

Reactions: vxxy

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
For me it would be Terra Nova and Code Monkeys. Terra Nova just really grabbed me and there hasnt been a show like it since. Of course it had to end on a semi cliff hanger so im doubly miffed lol. View attachment 340
Code Monkeys is something i watched alot as a teen when G4 was good and existed. I just really liked the style of the show and feel like they couldve done alot more references with a 3rd season. View attachment 344
Oh well lol, so what would you pick?
Code Monkeys was fucking great! Totally agree there!

Reactions: bong264

Kevin Mersereau

Top Nep Impersonator
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Tiger Mountain
www.destructoid.com
Firefly, for sure. I just finished rewatching the first season, and it’s still painful how it ends so abruptly. Serenity helps ease the loss quite a bit though.

Also, the original Berserk anime for pretty much the exact same reason as Firefly, but the pain is amplified two fold. The show ends right as everything is about to get insane, and then we’re just left with nothing. The only plus side was it pushed me to read the manga through pure desperation. There have been a number of other attempts at the series, but they’re always pretty disappointing and don’t quite get the tone right.

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
For me it's Alphas. It was super interesting and died before it could get where it was going. And it featured Adam Jensen in the flesh as a recurring villain. I'd recommend it to people who like superhero-type shows in the vein of Heroes or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, or even just investigative shows since it has a bit of that going for it without being too much like a typical procedural.

My Name is Earl. I need closure dammit!
One of those shows that started off really strong and went completely off the rails later on. It had these really good plot threads building up and then just bailed on them. I should re-watch it sometime.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Hap and Leonard. I'll never forgive Sundance for cancelling it. It doesn't even make sense, the show was doing great both critically and user review wise. Had an excellent cast as well. James Purefoy, Michael K. Williams, Christina Hendricks, Jimmi Simpson. It even had Andrew Dice Clay for fucks sake...

Reactions: zatoseyes

Sp_Testure

Earl of Cactuar's
May 11, 2020
Portland,OR
Dark Matter, first season was fantastic. The second season stumbled a bit but the third season I feel like they found their footing and then it ended on a cliffhanger.:confused:
dark_matter_syfy_season_3_ratings_canceled_or_season_4.0.jpg

Reactions: Gus TT Showbiz

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Several of them have been listed. But essentially any sci-fi show to air on FOX (except Fringe, which somehow survived). Almost Human is a great example. Show was brilliant.

Stargate Atlantis could have used another season or two. As well as SGU.

Oh! The Kids Are Alright. Show was hilarious. Shame it only had 1 season.

vxxy

Huggable Mascot Character
May 11, 2020
Arendale
Fringe was good/great overall, Boxman. That’s why it survived :).

(Not to imply the others weren’t. There was also luck and J.J. Abrams being attached probably didn’t hurt its chances either.)

Reactions: Boxman214