What beloved game just doesn't hold up these days for you?

Xeo

May 10, 2020
First for me would be Bushido Blade.

I absolutely loved this game when I was young. So many hours playing either by myself or with others and having an absolute blast. I picked it up as an adult and I couldn't play it more than 15 minutes without being so bored I was annoyed. I couldn't figure out what made my hits lethal and what didn't, and I didn't have the patience to figure out why. I doubt I had a nuanced understanding of it when I was young; it was just a fighter that was 3D with Swords and Blood and as such blew my mind. Though, I'm disappointed that at an older age I didn't feel like I had the time to give it more of a chance.

Second for me would be Twilight Princess.

I remember when it was first revealed and the art style felt like Zelda grew up with me, and that it couldn't not be perfect. And it felt perfect when I first played it. I picked up the Wii U port, and the graphics and color pallet were so drab it was depressing for me. The tutorial was brutally long, the overworld was a chore to explore, and I just kept looking for anything that wasn't a shade of brown. Dungeons still hold up though.
I haven't played that game since I was a teenager. I loved it then, but I honestly don't know how I'd feel about it now. At the time I REALLY liked it and had a good time with it. But that doesn't mean I would now of course. To be honest I think the thing that made me really appreciate it back then is something that surprisingly few games continued with, open world fighting arenas. I LOVE the idea. I think it'd be great to see a modern game have a big open arena like Bushido Blade, but instead of it being one on one, make it like 8 players to fill it in more. (Though have the option for a small version of the maps with one on one duels too!)

I'd like to see that game happen.

Reactions: Boxman214
May 13, 2020
20200623_143619.jpg

I have fond memories of this game, but, after playing it recently, it's janky as fuck, not to mention the short length. The jank could come from the ps3 emulation though, so I can't say for sure it's that bad.

Vesalius

Village Idiot
May 10, 2020
North Carolina
The old Syndicate games, Ghosts n Goblins (and it’s derivatives) just pisses me off now, I’m afraid to replay the old Legacy of Kain games (even by the end of 2 and Defiance(?) I felt like they had gotten super repetitive). I’ll prolly never touch original Hitman again, just be happy i had with it.

Fendibull

May 24, 2020
Looking back from my mid 2000's years? I don't think Prince of Persia: Warrior Within doesn't hold up that well, not because of lack of camera control or resolution, but comparing the combat nowadays, the game combat was a little bit primitive, compared to CS:GO or 1.6, I kinda wish we would get AC: Origin & Odyssey type of combat for the reboot for Prince of Persia, I'm always ready for Assassin's Creed: Achaemenid.

View attachment 559
I have fond memories of this game, but, after playing it recently, it's janky as fuck, not to mention the short length. The jank could come from the ps3 emulation though, so I can't say for sure it's that bad.

I like Tarzan game on the Windows 98/2000 platform, I remember I enjoyed a lot of late 90's early 2000's Disney Game on PS1 and PC ports.