How is your backlog doing?

Kerrik52

May 11, 2020
I just finished adding stuff from the Bandai Namco bundle (I went for the more-than-average tier) to my Steam account and Backloggery page and I noticed that my backlog has effectively grown by one game this year thanks to that. It has wobbled around shrinking by 3 or 4 games all year due to my diligence and a few sporratic purchases, but now it's back to negative progress (Backloggery's Memory Card feature frames it as a positive value if it's shrinking and negative if it has grown).

I thought I was making good progress for once, since I have seriously run out of older games I want to collect, so I can just focus on playing stuff I have. The current plan is to only buy Cold Steel 4 and save the rest of this year's titles for next year. But even so, it's a real up-hill battle to keep the backlog in check. I got some good deals on games from last year and there have been a few freebies thrown my way as well. Doesn't help that I'm mostly playing RPGs and needlessly rationing short games as well. My irrational fear is to only be left with 50+ hours games if I let myself indulge in shorter ones.

So tell me, how is your struggle going?

Reactions: Parismio

Palvikinkku

Ambassador of Finland
May 11, 2020
Kankaanpää
I fucked up.

I started to (re)play Pathfinder: Kingmaker only to get addicted on Dota 2 (strictly Ability Draft) and Stellaris (because of the newest patch).

I majorly fucked up.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
My backlog is infinite, I've just given up and play whatever whenever.
Pretty much this for me. At this point I have stuff I want to play installed, if it's not installed, it's cast into the depths. All of my physical games backlog is complete though :)

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Not good! I've been playing WoW again lately and that has dominated so much of my game time. But then again, like others have said, my backlog never really ends. I rarely finish games, so I also just play whatever suits my fancy at the time.

Sam

Village Idiot
May 17, 2020
I’m here to confess... I just bought a Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for DS and have no intention of starting it soon... Growing the backlog.

It was a good price for a game I know I’ll be playing (going through all of Castlevania)... but I already feel guilty!

Otherwise the quarantine started with me tallying games I’ve bought for very cheap or ones that have sat on my shelf for years, and I’ve been chipping away at them. Working on Resistance 2 now, will do 3 right after.

DtoidJordan

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
I'm in a weird "nothing's really jumping out at me" mood right now. I'm putting everything on the sideline with Maneater, which is mindless af but fun enough.

I need to finish FFVIIR on hard mode, though.

Parismio

Lemon Zinger
May 11, 2020
Noneya
I have given up on my backlog nowadays. The only game I actually managed to finish was Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Streets of Rage 4. To make matters worst is that I bought Trails of Cold Steel 2 and I haven't even started on the first game!

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
Pretty good, the doctor says it's in the 90th percentile for size and it's growing so much!

Hakkurei

May 14, 2020
I'm gonna need a "BACKLOG ETERNAL" photoshop in the Doom font.
Add me on that pile, not to mention all the games I've started only to quit. Sure, Berwick Saga is cool... but it's quite the commitment/slow burn. Could say the same for Thracia 776 and a bunch of others. The best genre for 'backlogging' is weirdly enough, Roguelikes, you play them until you get your fill/or feel like the game has kicked your ass more than enough and shelf it, being satisfied with knowing you at least have a good grasp of the overall game well enough to 'get it' in a sense.

This week I'm probably gonna take a bite out of SteamWorld Dig, recently playing the 2nd one made me wanna revisit and actually finish the first, been thinking a lot about trying an Ironman run of some Fire Emblem game, probably FE9, as that's one I actually enjoy quite a lot even though I pray everyday for someone to find a way to mod in instant battle animations like the ones we've got on Radiant Dawn.