Shows you wish had just one more season

Anonymous 2.0

Jun 8, 2020
The Spectacular Spiderman. My God, that show was excellent. Does more with 26 episodes than most shows with longer runtimes.

They were really hitting their stride, and set up some great things for Season 3. Outside of Spiderverse, Spidey hasn't been that good since it ended.

ChrisMoyse

Be Kind to People
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
In the very early '90s there was a game show based on Clue/Cluedo, with actors playing the characters and being interrogated by the contestants. Quirky as fuck. Wacky shit like that can always use another season.

In fact, just give every show from the early '90s another season.

Reactions: SolidVercetti

Anthony Marzano

Excel Sheet Strategy Game Enthusiast
Staff member
Robot
Apr 16, 2020
Preacher needed one more season to allow for the rest of the material to be used and make it so that it wasn't crammed into a single season. But nooooooooooooooooooo, AMC needed to give The Walking Dead another two spin-offs because creativity is dead.

Hannibal didn't need another season because every season finale was made so that it could be a series finale in case it didn't come back, but that doesn't mean I don't want another season of psychological murder art with beautiful food and two men who are in love with each other.

NSPillow

Jun 8, 2020
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say Firefly. Based on the movies and comics I'd say that they had a lot more planned for the show and I wish they had a chance to end the show gracefully.

Also, Galavant. Not everyone's cup of tea but I !@#$ing loved every minute of it.

Reactions: AtomicBanana

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Preacher needed one more season to allow for the rest of the material to be used and make it so that it wasn't crammed into a single season. But nooooooooooooooooooo, AMC needed to give The Walking Dead another two spin-offs because creativity is dead.
Preach on!!!!

Siddartha85

Jun 8, 2020
The last season of Penny Dreadful was clearly setting up for another season before ending suddenly and badly. They set up a great new villain in Dr. Jekyll, and a new fighter in Catriona, who is basically a Belmont. Ending there was bizarre and illogical, especially after you introduce those characters. Jekyll's thing doesn't even enter the main story and remains a side-story. There had to be at least a vague plan for another season.

Reactions: RiffRaff

keisal

May 12, 2020
Fringe. And what was that show with that vampire dude who didn’t want to kill people so he’d get his meals from blood banks but also he solved murders? I can’t for the life of me remember the name but god that was a good show.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
The last season of Penny Dreadful was clearly setting up for another season before ending suddenly and badly. They set up a great new villain in Dr. Jekyll, and a new fighter in Catriona, who is basically a Belmont. Ending there was bizarre and illogical, especially after you introduce those characters. Jekyll's thing doesn't even enter the main story and remains a side-story. There had to be at least a vague plan for another season.
Dude, that ending of Penny Dreadful pissed me off so much! It was so jarring and bad. I think the writers and all were given like 2 days notice that the show had been cancelled and had to crap something out quick. I can't think of any other explanations.
My wife was telling me there'll be a new Penny Dreadful series but with different characters and story line. IDK if I want to get invested in it because they really shit the bed so bad with the ending.

SolidVercetti

Jun 10, 2020
Mega-City One, USA
So many, agreed on Firefly of course, too good.

Ash vs Evil Dead is a big one for me, especially since what they would've gone with for the 4th season was highly fun. And gotta have more Bruce.

Michael & Michael Have Issues, it still baffles me to this day that Comedy Central didn't give it a second season.

Andy Barker PI, that ruled, lot of potential.

Plenty of anime shows with a lot of manga to cover, Hajime no Ippo being the top one. Kaiji is another cool one.

Fuzunga

May 11, 2020
EARF
www.installation04.com
WHEN THERE'S TROUBLE YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL
FROM THEIR TOWER THEY CAN SEE IT ALL
WHEN THERE'S EVIL ON THE ATTACK
YOU CAN REST KNOWING THEY'VE GOT YOUR BACK
'CAUSE WHEN THE WORLD IS LOSING ALL CONTROL
TEEN TITANS, GO!

AtomicBanana

Technically the best. Literally the worst.
May 11, 2020
Hell yeah Pushing Daisies.

Black Lagoon
High School of the Dead
Bartender
No Game No Life