What are you playing?

DtoidJordan

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
The original Rogue Legacy's controls felt a tad too "floaty" to me. Do these controls feel roughly the same? That, alone, would be one of maybe two deciding factors.
They feel tight to me, but it's been a while since I've played RL1.

The only issue is a lack of content - I finished the only boss and bought all of the current unlocks (there aren't that many) in like five hours, so now I'm just waiting for the next update.

Reactions: Seymour Demonica

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
I was considering playing Skyrim again but the modding is just daunting to me anymore that I don't even want to deal with it lol
Last time I attempted to extensively mod a Bethesda game, it was Morrowind and, after screwing up the install process the first time around and re-downloading everything all over again, I got a few good hours in.

Then I found a missing texture on a building and spent as much time as I'd played trying to fix it.

Then it crashed to desktop for no apparent reason and I hadn't saved in about an hour, soooooo I haven't been back. (Pretty sure all the files are gone anyway after the first time Windows Update bricked my laptop)

ANYWAY, I dove back into P5 Royal and I'm in love all over again. So many cool little things that make the game so much better. Certain things are distracting since I already played the original.

And I'm playing Rimworld again. Still haven't gotten the Royal dlc since I'm not too keen on the price tag and it doesn't really add much that I want in the game anyway.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Got back to Dark Cloud after never really playing it back in the day on my PS2. (I just occasionally watched my dad because I sucked at video games)

Ice Queen is obnoxious and I do not miss the wonk of this era of games.

Reactions: Cactüs

Cactüs

Swamp Creature that Smells Nice
Jun 30, 2020
Been practicing my skills with the coolest green fighting game character not named Blanka in Vampire Saviour on my Saturn. I'm in between competitive fighters ATM because I decided to shelve smash after close to 1000 hours...Thinking of trying to learn VSAV and take it on over to Fightcade once I feel comfy enough to do so.

Cactüs

Swamp Creature that Smells Nice
Jun 30, 2020
Got back to Dark Cloud after never really playing it back in the day on my PS2. (I just occasionally watched my dad because I sucked at video games)

Ice Queen is obnoxious and I do not miss the wonk of this era of games.
Interesting to hear bad stuff about that game, I've never played it but people treat it like it's perfect. I have a lot of issues with early 3d game myself and pretty much stick to 2D for retro games.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Interesting to hear bad stuff about that game, I've never played it but people treat it like it's perfect. I have a lot of issues with early 3d game myself and pretty much stick to 2D for retro games.
I love it, but the combat has aged pretty poorly.

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
Had another go at Arkane's Prey. First time round I bounced off it hard, but this time it clicked. Exploring the space station is a lot of fun, finding creative ways to navigate levels and such. And I kind of like how the "antagonist" isn't really... antagonistic. More distant and standoff-ish, but even kind of helpful on occasion. It's an interesting dynamic. It would be cool to see more games explore that.

I'm also replaying Hyper Light Drifter, and it's still great. Fantastic atmosphere, great world, amazing soundtrack, and super tight controls. Funny thing is since I love the soundtrack for this game so much, I spent a lot of time listening to it over the years after I originally played it. So much that it's actually kind of weird hearing it again in the original context.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Well I started Wasteland 3 after trading some stuff in for it. And it's pretty awesome so far. My starting characters are a male assault rifle focused leader type named Viper, and a female scout type who uses SMGs named Pegasus.

When I find the time I'll probably dig into The Surge 2 as well. And I'm still tinkering around with Mortal Shell a bit too.

Aside from that waiting for the release of Tony Hawk 1&2 Remaster. And I still play World of Warcraft, prepping for Shadowlands.

AllCutUp1136

Jul 4, 2020
Fall Guys, World of Warcraft: When it was Good, and I welcome back into my arms THPS (1+2). He's through his rebellious teen phase (HD/5), and is back to being a good boy.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Finally got a chance to play Risk of Rain 2 with my oldest friend the other day.

And found out the PS4 mic I bought apparently won't work with a PC.

We didn't play for long because I couldn't really communicate 😢

• Wow