What are you playing?

Fwuffles

Jun 24, 2020
Been working through Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning since September. I had a lot of fun with it on PS3 back in the day, and honestly it's still really fun. It is, admittedly, too long. It gets to be a bit of a slog about halfway through, towards the end of the first continent. It really picks up again after that though - and the last section of the game is fast-paced which feels really good from a story-telling perspective. Been working on the platinum throughout, so I've sunk a solid 80 hours into it and I haven't even gotten to the included DLC (which I didn't get the first time around). To be fair, about 10 hours of that has been spent idle in the menu while I take care of my newborn's dirty diapers, empty stomach, or some other cry for attention - get a life already, am I right?

Otherwise, been chipping away at Enter the Gungeon. Hadn't played it before until recently, and it's just as stellar as I'd heard. It feels really well-balanced and is just generally a joy to play. I still haven't beaten a run, but I'm getting close (I can feel it).

Reactions: RiffRaff
Jun 9, 2020
UK
Played and finished Beautiful Desolation, really enjoyed it. If you like isometric adventure games and sci-fi then I'd very much recommend it, the devs did a great job of putting together an interesting cast of characters and building a really rich world for you to explore.

Reactions: RiffRaff

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
Treated myself to two new things the other day.

Noita and Landlord's Super

Noita is a bit more on the roguelike side than I'd expected. Not that it's bad, but I thought it'd be a bit kore forgiving and open in the sandbox experiment stuff

Landlord's Super is great so far. Minskworks knows how to turn tedious activities into shit I for some reason enjoy in a video game. I love House Flipper, but I love even more how Landlord's Super takes the construction angle even further, requiring you to purchase the actual supplies and physically move them around.

Right down to individual bricks and mixing the concrete.

(I stole a wheelbarrow full of bricks from the local pub)

You can also pee on things and smash your pint glass against the wall

Reactions: Batthink

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
And I've jumped back into Project Zomboid

I hadn't played the unstable branch in forever, but went ahead with the update when I realized just how far ahead it was compared to the stable build.

Holy shit, I'm in love all over again.

Cheated a bit in terms of starting perks, but without NPCs in the game it seems a fair compromise.