What are you playing?

NSPillow

Jun 8, 2020
Mario Odyssey ... You know what this is. Loved it. As far as my kid was concerned watching this was as good as watching a cartoon.
Darksiders: Genesis ... It's not what I thought it was going to be; not entirely sure what I think yet.
Luigi's Mansion ... Hate the controls, loving the atmosphere.
The Outer Worlds ... Finally picked up a PC that can handle this, first thing I loaded up. Only about 2-3 hours into it, loving it so far.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
When I'm not fucking around in VRChat, I've been playing nothing but Pokemon. Specifically, I've been working on a project for the past couple of years for getting as many ribbons for my favorites as humanly possible. I may do a C-Blog or something about it later, but here's my checklist for everything I've done up to this point. Keep in mind that this is still ongoing.

I'd post pictures of VRChat shenanigans some friends and I got up to, but that'd just be more dumb furry shit.

JonJonXD

May 28, 2020
I may be late to the game, but I got super sucked into The Messenger since it came in June's Humble Monthly Bundle.

I am one achievement away from getting them all too. I can't believe how good this game is.

Kerrik52

May 11, 2020
I need a break from reading in JRPGs and VA-11 Hall-A, so I'm finally playing Klonoa 2. I was infatuated with the demo as a kid, but I only tracked down a copy last year. It's really nice and upbeat.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
FF VII, XII, XV; DQ VII, XI; Dragon’s dogma, Puyo puyo tetris; Pokémon sword and shield; DOS 2; Witcher 3 right now.
That's one hell of an RPG kick!!!! DQ11, D:OS2, and The Witcher 3 are among my favorite games of all time!!!

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Got Clubhouse Games for Switch last week and I'm really enjoying it. I'm pretty good at Hanafuda now and I'm trying to learn Shogi. Got the basic rules down but need to learn some strategies. I'm liking it better than Chess; being able to use captured pieces really is a cool dynamic!

Got the urge to play Hollow Knight again so I'm playing that Steam copy that's been sitting on my acct. Such a great game and a pleasure to go through all over again!

Still playing Hades and TLoU1 (replay).

Nag

Jun 8, 2020
Raccoon City
While everyone and his dog waits for The Last of Us Part 2 I decided to revisit Horizon Zero Dawn, that game is so fucking beautiful. Really hoping a sequel is shown at the upcoming PlayStation event. On the Xbox side I've been putting a lot of time in to Gears 5 multiplayer (it's my go to game when I'm bored)

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
The past few days I've been playing a little games called OneShot that is part of that big itch.io charity bundle. It's a very modest adventure game made in RPG Maker, but so far I'm liking it a lot. You play as this adorable little cat girl character, who suddenly wakes up in this eerie and dark world that has been slowly dying long before you arrive. But it's framed in this really interesting way that breaks the fourth wall in some extreme ways. Even though you control this cat character, Niko, the game explicitly talks to you as the player. In the game it's framed as Niko being the "messiah" of this world who has come to save it, while you are a god who talks to and guides her. It even pulls your real name from your computer files (through your username I expect) and addresses you as such. You have conversations with Niko as yourself at times. Other times there are puzzles where you have to go looking through files on your computer that the game has placed there. It's really interesting. Although I suppose this isn't the only game to do this sort of thing. I'm not close to finishing it yet, but I definitely want to see where this goes. The game reveals that the name is referring to how you only have "one shot" at achieving your task of saving this world. I've yet to see exactly what that is supposed to mean.

Reactions: TheBlondeBass
Jun 9, 2020
UK
Started playing Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday the other day. It's decent enough, doesn't really feel like a good sequel to the story in 1 and 2 but it's enjoyable enough to play.

Reactions: RiffRaff

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Remnant: From the Ashes. I LOVE this game. I forgot just how much when I put it down last year. It's honestly one of my favorite games to releases in the past few years period. The blend of Souls-like action, the thrill of randomized dungeons and bosses/events Roguelite style, and it has really neat lore to boot.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
I've been playing tens of hours of Project Zomboid. I'm getting to the point where I can actually stay alive for more than a week, haha.
ayyyyy, Zomboid

been spending entire Saturdays playing since i have a PC capable of running it properly.

my potato laptop and desktop were fine with the old version, but once they started the switch to 3D models it wasn't so smooth

currently just messing around on a modded game where i have every single positive starting attribute so i can get used to everything

working on securing the prison as a base and it's going pretty well

Perro

May 10, 2020
Randomly started playing Borderlands 2 between Xenoblade and Animal Crossing. After having kind of a mediocre time with Rage 2 (played a couple hours, didn’t like it that much despite enjoying the first Rage quite a bit), I’m glad to be playing this instead.

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
Just played a bit of Intertial Drift: Sunset Prologue, which is a free demo of an indie arcade racer coming out soon. I found this to be pretty impressive and fun, and actually quite innovative for a genre that usually sees little of it. And it's innovative in a way that actually improves the core driving gameplay in a unique feeling way, rather than just bolting on some distracting gimmick as is often the case when racers decide to venture off in to new territory. The idea is that you have direct control over your drift with the right stick, so you can initiate it basically whenever you want, with fine control over the precise angle, and keep it going exactly as long as you want.

But it's not totally without restrictions. Your normal turning ability is somewhat limited, and your drift angle dictates basically how far you can turn in the same direction, but drifting will also limit your acceleration too. So the game encourages a slightly new way to approach an arcade racer, but basically using a drift to set yourself up for a corner, making sure you're at the right angle and position in the exit, so you can flick out of the drift as soon as possible to speed away. It's really interesting as it gets you thinking about when you need to start a drift, sometimes needing to set one up more than one corner before the one you're preparing for. It can require a lot of precision, and is actually rather hard. The demo consists of only two short time trials, and it was a challenge to get a gold medal on both. Took a handful of tries at each. While I like the idea that this is a new way of driving to wrap my head around, but it does make me wonder how difficult the full game is. If this is the introductory baseline, how harsh will the full game end up getting? Might be a bit too much for its own good.

Aesthetically it's pretty cool as well. It's got a cartoonish retro-futurist neon look to it. Although there is one thing about the look I'm not too keen on. While the car designs are pretty good, they are a bit too tall and narrow for my liking. Oh, and this demo isn't a part of the Steam summer festival, so it's available any time.

Cygnus Rush 961

Apex Hitter and Tire Eater
Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
Alternating between Forza Horizon 4 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for my major time sink titles with smaller games like Panzer Dragoon: Remake, Sonic Mania, Freedom Planet to keep things from getting too boring. Putting some time into Project CARS 2 in preparation for Project CARS 3 coming this summer since Codemasters killed my optimism for Project CARS 3.

Last edited:

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
I had a rough week and treated myself to M&B Bannerlord

it's pretty cool so far. obviously needs work, but it's still in beta

needs autoblock back tho. i have the combat AI set to normal and some of the higher rank dudes are just annoying to fight

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Gaming update :)
I've overloaded myself yet again.... Playing TLoU2 and loving it to bits. Also playing Persona 4 on PC and loving that as well. It's my first time with the game and I find it absolutely charming! I really hope they bring over Persona 3 to PC or modern platforms (Switch...). Would love to play that one. And I bought Shadow Tactics last night because I've been hearing great things about it for a long time and it had a really deep discount. Played the first mission and damn is it a cool as fuck game! Hades got a huge update so I'll be playing that a bit too.
Finished Deadly Premonition Origins yesterday, and that..... that was a video game.... and not a good one... But despite all the jank and bad gameplay I really loved it. Hope part 2 can improve on the gameplay! I also finished 999 from the Zero Escape Trilogy with the best ending and damn yo! I really loved that ending. Gonna dig into Zero's Last Reward soon enough.
Clubhouse Games is still dominating my Switch time before bed. I'm really enjoying playing Hanafuda, Go, and Chess against randoms though I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish there was a way to invite these randoms to future games. I've had some excellent chess matches against a few people and would love to challenge them again.