Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

Nekro

Potential Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
I wanted an Avatar of a character nobody else would use. Someone that if you saw it on multiple websites you'd say "Oh hey thats the same dude!"
I dunno. You've shown me horrible, horrible things. Someone might mistake you for someone terrible.

Papa Niero

Mr. Destructoid
Staff member
Robot
May 10, 2020
Japan
www.enthusiastgaming.com
Originally my Dtoid avatar was a photo of my angry ass eyebrows mixed with the Destructoid helmet. I was holding down a full-time job and didn't want my real identity known when I started the site, which I later replaced with a real photo of me kissing my friend in the helmet (she has a heart tattoo'd on her arm)

Its an old photo I recently found. I was out for a jog and tried to finish with a strong sprint, caught my leg on something, and rolled down the hill. Broke my ankle in two places and was walking on crutches and a cane for a little bit. But what struck me most is how vivid the background is. San Francisco is so wildly different from where I live now, a completely sterile neighborhood in Japan (which is cool but for different reasons)

Nekro

Potential Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Originally my Dtoid avatar was a photo of my angry ass eyebrows mixed with the Destructoid helmet. I was holding down a full-time job and didn't want my real identity known when I started the site, which I later replaced with a real photo of me kissing my friend in the helmet (she has a heart tattoo'd on her arm)

Its an old photo I recently found. I was out for a jog and tried to finish with a strong sprint, caught my leg on something, and rolled down the hill. Broke my ankle in two places and was walking on crutches and a cane for a little bit. But what struck me most is how vivid the background is. San Francisco is so wildly different from where I live now, a completely sterile neighborhood in Japan (which is cool but for different reasons)
Yeah, I get that last bit. I live near Brisbane now, but not in the city. And it's so different, but so much quieter.

I like the quiet, though. I like that very little actually happens. I like not hearing screaming from across the road constantly. It's just quiet and sleepy, and that's how I like things.

But those drastic changes are within the same country -- within the same state, even. Different countries, with different cultures? That's a radical departure.

Reactions: vxxy

Kevin Mersereau

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
My friend made it, and I am no artist by any stretch of the imagination. Like I'm really bad at art, to the point that it upsets me.
I probably wouldn’t let it upset you, dude. Everyone’s good at different stuff. For instance, I’m really good at making frozen pizzas and disagreeing with Anthony Marzano constantly. If everyone disagreed with Marzano all the time, that skillset would be totally useless!

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
Its uhhh... completely NSFW... and NO!
I curse the forces of the universe that caused it to be presented to me, and you all should be glad to never see it.
Oh, I just kind of wanted to see it before but saying it like that makes me really want to see it!

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
I wanted something simple and recognizable, and that ended up being 'black icons on white.' The snowflake was gonna be seasonal, but then disqus did whatever disqus does and it's permanent now, except in qposts when it's the phone. Dog on discord. Recycle here. We'll see if/when they change again.