Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

Fuzunga

May 11, 2020
EARF
www.installation04.com
One time in high school I was at the grocery store with my mom and she was buying bread, but the bread and wine were on the same isle for some reason and I was looking at the wine labels while she was shopping. I found one called Toasted Head with a picture of a fire breathing bear on it and I thought it was the coolest thing ever so I took a picture with my flip phone and made it my wallpaper. Later, I found a high resolution version online and started using it as my avatar. I love it when people see Toasted Head at the store and they're like, "Look! I found Fuzunga!"

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
One time in high school I was at the grocery store with my mom and she was buying bread, but the bread and wine were on the same isle for some reason and I was looking at the wine labels while she was shopping. I found one called Toasted Head with a picture of a fire breathing bear on it and I thought it was the coolest thing ever so I took a picture with my flip phone and made it my wallpaper. Later, I found a high resolution version online and started using it as my avatar. I love it when people see Toasted Head at the store and they're like, "Look! I found Fuzunga!"
Have you ever had a bottle yourself? Or at least had a taste of some? I feel like at some point you have to, right?

Reactions: Ein on Shrooms

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
Have you ever had a bottle yourself? Or at least had a taste of some? I feel like at some point you have to, right?
Toasted Head is pretty damn good if that's what you're asking. It's not stellar or anything, but for how comparatively cheap it is it's a damn steal!

Reactions: D-Volt

Dr. Mel

Level 33 Elite
May 11, 2020
I like cows. I've had many cow-themed items as a kid, not so much anymore. But the love still remains.

And then dangus pixilated my avatar and I was able to get it added into my dtoid avatar riiiight before that stopped being possible. Whew!

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I like cows. I've had many cow-themed items as a kid, not so much anymore. But the love still remains.
I loved cows when I grew up! There was a cow farm immediately next to my neighborhood when I was smol. I used to go down to the cul de sac and watched them. Nowadays it’s a development, but I still like the mooing bastards.

Reactions: Ein on Shrooms

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Ha, I had a similar reaction with I think that exact wine.

PatBateman17

May 12, 2020
American Psycho is one of my favorite novels and movies of all times. My friends growing up called me Pat Bateman, bc I guess I acted like him minus the murdering. Looking back, I’m not sure that’s a great commentary on my own behavior at the time - but meh. Now I just stuck with it and it’s enjoyable to gif my way through Dtoid 😂

PatBateman17

May 12, 2020
I play bass. I've played in a few symphony orchestras, now I mostly freelance for musicals and give lessons. I also play bass guitar a lil bit, but mostly bass.

Also, I am slightly into wrestling. Braun won me over with the bass thing.

View attachment 145
“You’re gonna GET THESE HANDS” remains one of my favorite things in modern wrestling. Naturally Vince wasted Braun’s character arc to shove more unearned praise on Brock, but w/e.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
As happy as I am that he's finally champ, I really think he should have been the one to beat Brock for the title when Brock was on that post-streak tear.

The other thing that got me back into WWE was New Day. When their Wrestelmania entrance had them fall out of a giant box of booty-o's, full of bagels, and dressed as Saiyans, they won me over for life. Their YouTube channel is also a great look at the actual personalities of a bunch of the roster too.

I never would have taken Big Show for a huge Destiny guy.

Gamemaniac3434

May 14, 2020
Original avatar was a stoplight loosejaw fish because I thought it was kewl. Second one and my primary one for years was bacteria under a blacklight-they release material into their surrounding areas for communication and etc. It so happens that the material that coats them and they release lights up under a blacklight, which is why they're used to quantify bacteria counts in water etc. And finally the giga ones are because that characters design is super great and resonates with me. Trigger drew me my last two avatars.

Attachments

Nekro

Potential Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Trigger's art is legit, yeah. I mean, obviously my avatar is one of his works ;p

Reactions: D-Volt