Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I like Splatoon and the expression on this little squid amused me. Also it worked well with Disqus' annoying habit of stretching images.
What about that old-ass one you had before Splatoon came out? I vaguely remember it but I'd like to know the story behind that one as well.

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
What about that old-ass one you had before Splatoon came out? I vaguely remember it but I'd like to know the story behind that one as well.
I can't even remember what I used to have now. When I've used avatars for a long time it's either obviously been from a game like Darksiders or Okami, or some art from an album I like of a samurai done in a inkbrush style.

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I can't even remember what I used to have now. When I've used avatars for a long time it's either obviously been from a game like Darksiders or Okami, or some art from an album I like of a samurai done in a inkbrush style.
Ah, fair enough!

Rico Penguin

May 11, 2020
oafkad.com

You used to have that alien with the wide smile and tentacles all around it.

Least I'm pretty sure.

As for me? I like Penguins. I believe Dangus made this pixelated version for me.

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
The origin of the name: A family friendly version of "The blonde bast(...)", which was the cute nickname a friend of mine gave me on an actual group chemistry quiz before we knew each other. Funnily enough, the teacher still figured out who this meant!

Inquisitive Ravenclaw made me this amazing avatar -- combining my Destructoid avatar (Katsuya from Persona 2) and my Steam avatar (a literal blonde bass)

ravenclaw.jpg

Then ZombieC0rps turned that shirt into a reality!

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
You used to have that alien with the wide smile and tentacles all around it.

Least I'm pretty sure.

As for me? I like Penguins. I believe Dangus made this pixelated version for me.
Took me ages to work out what you were referring to, but I'm guessing you mean this?
emilS.png

It's Emil from Nier. His face surrounded by waves I think. It's from the cover art of a remix album they put out.

Lex

Custom title:
May 11, 2020
Germany
Because I'm plain and boring. Just look at this face. That's basically me.
Only problem is over the years I aged a lot ... my avatar didn't so he still looks like a bored 20-something.

I like Big Band SkullGirls!

Early into my time here, April Fool's Day happened and I put googly eyes on Big Band as a joke. I ended up leaving them on for a while after, mostly from laziness but I got used to it pretty quickly after that.

Username: I like Harry Potter, and way, WAY back when I first made a Club Nintendo account, I didn't know what to put so I used Ravenclaw, then added a cool adjective in front of it. While that was too many characters, I kept on the username elsewhere, and tried to keep the Inquisitive part as much as possible. I always ask questions a lot! ...right?big-band-googly-2020.png

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
I have had the zatoseyes moniker for a long long time now. So I tend toward a Zato-1 avatar in public spaces. I love Zato and enjoy using his face for my own.

Reactions: D-Volt