Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
One time in high school I was at the grocery store with my mom and she was buying bread, but the bread and wine were on the same isle for some reason and I was looking at the wine labels while she was shopping. I found one called Toasted Head with a picture of a fire breathing bear on it and I thought it was the coolest thing ever so I took a picture with my flip phone and made it my wallpaper. Later, I found a high resolution version online and started using it as my avatar. I love it when people see Toasted Head at the store and they're like, "Look! I found Fuzunga!"

Ha, I had a similar reaction with I think that exact wine.

PatBateman17

May 12, 2020
American Psycho is one of my favorite novels and movies of all times. My friends growing up called me Pat Bateman, bc I guess I acted like him minus the murdering. Looking back, I’m not sure that’s a great commentary on my own behavior at the time - but meh. Now I just stuck with it and it’s enjoyable to gif my way through Dtoid 😂

PatBateman17

May 12, 2020
I play bass. I've played in a few symphony orchestras, now I mostly freelance for musicals and give lessons. I also play bass guitar a lil bit, but mostly bass.

Also, I am slightly into wrestling. Braun won me over with the bass thing.

View attachment 145
“You’re gonna GET THESE HANDS” remains one of my favorite things in modern wrestling. Naturally Vince wasted Braun’s character arc to shove more unearned praise on Brock, but w/e.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
As happy as I am that he's finally champ, I really think he should have been the one to beat Brock for the title when Brock was on that post-streak tear.

The other thing that got me back into WWE was New Day. When their Wrestelmania entrance had them fall out of a giant box of booty-o's, full of bagels, and dressed as Saiyans, they won me over for life. Their YouTube channel is also a great look at the actual personalities of a bunch of the roster too.

I never would have taken Big Show for a huge Destiny guy.

Gamemaniac3434

Fish Waifu
May 14, 2020
Original avatar was a stoplight loosejaw fish because I thought it was kewl. Second one and my primary one for years was bacteria under a blacklight-they release material into their surrounding areas for communication and etc. It so happens that the material that coats them and they release lights up under a blacklight, which is why they're used to quantify bacteria counts in water etc. And finally the giga ones are because that characters design is super great and resonates with me. Trigger drew me my last two avatars.

Attachments

• Fire_Fishy.png
    Fire_Fishy.png
    662.2 KB · Views: 286

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
Simply put, Michiru is everything I idolize in an anime character. She's sassy, witty, and kind of a ditz. Mostly though, she stands up for what she believes in, and has a strong sense of justice.

Reactions: Zalno

AtomicBanana

Technically the best. Literally the worst.
May 11, 2020
I like Scary Go Round and Ryan Beckwith was my #LifeGoals for a long time.

Bad rock band slacker turned high school teacher.

I am, and was ever, neither of these things.

Reactions: RiffRaff and Voex

AllCutUp1136

Jul 4, 2020
Because it was my avatar on the old forums.

Because my avatars for the longest time for my username have been birds and this is from a neat webcomic (that weirdly doesn't host it any more).

View attachment 634
ROFL

What webcomic is this, because I need to read it. Also, I recommend Garfield Minus Garfield, because it's like Garfield - only actually funny! - and it makes Jon Arbuckle look like a crazy person.

Reactions: D-Volt